Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Multimedia Semi-Extravaganza


  • An update on the Washington Park reservoir grand opening, which is now scheduled for July 10th.
  • A way cool optical illusion.
  • The Two Coreys are reuniting. Yes, those two Coreys. I have to admit I was never a fan back in the 80's, being, you know, a guy and all. Sometimes I think the Powers That Be are trying to arrange things so we'll all welcome the Apocalypse when it finally happens.
  • Harriet, the world's oldest tortoise, has passed away at the ripe old age of 176.
  • New episodes of Futurama are on the way, for real this time, allegedly.
  • Lyrics for a song about Cthulhu.
  • Yet another LOTR DVD set is due out in August. This time each film comes with a new feature-length "Making Of" documentary. Just how many of these things am I going to have to buy? And will I have to do it all over again once the HD-DVD or Blu-Ray versions come out? Sheesh...
  • If you haven't seen it already: The New Orleans Times-Picayune's animation about the Katrina flooding. Yikes! It just keeps coming -- bam, another levee goes out, and another section of the city turns blue, again, and again.
  • Awww, kittens!!!!
  • More feline cuteness, although I can't provide any more details about the site without invoking Godwin's Law.
  • Ooh, yet another local beer blog to pass along. Mmmmm.... beeer....
  • I wasn't planning to do an extended rant about Ann Coulter's latest circus freakage, and I'm still not going to go there. But I would like to pass along this nice lil' video rant on the subject from Henry Rollins. Now that he's had a go at it, there's really no point in anyone else trying.

No comments :