Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hart Mountain


View Larger Map

Some photos from Hart Mountain National Antelope Refuge and the adjacent Warner Wetlands [map], in SE Oregon roughly an hour's drive out of Lakeview. I took these during that mini-roadtrip back in June, and it's taken until now to sort through all the photos and pick out a semi-reasonable number to post. The area's just wayyy too beautiful.

Hart Mountain

I mentioned Hart Mountain a little in my DeGarmo Canyon post a while back. What you're seeing here is the larger setting the canyon's part of.

Hart Mountain

I also have a few wildlife photos I haven't posted yet, including some of the refuge's namesake "antelope". Don't get too excited, the pics really aren't that fabulous. I don't own a super-expensive DSLR camera with a monster telephoto lens, which I suppose is what you need if you want high quality results. But still, said photos are mine, so they'll probably show up here before too long.

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

Hart Mountain

2 comments :

Martina said...

Fancy camera or not, you have some nice pictures on your blog - which I am loving, by the way. I found it while doing a search for info on Kelly Butte a couple months ago and have been occasionally stopping by ever since!

Anonymous said...

You are right, this is very beautiful. We took this same trip last May and are about to embark on another in a few day. I video taped the trip and do not have many still pictures of this part of the trip. Thanks for posting such beauty. I Love the Hart Mountain area now even more then the Alvord near Feilds OR!