Wednesday, August 01, 2007

wednesday photos: purple

Plum

This post begins and ends with plums, with flowers in between. I didn't plan it that way; I was just rummaging around looking for photos I hadn't posted yet, and I soon noticed a theme developing. I normally avoid color-based themes; it's a tad art-school-esque for my taste, and probably for yours as well. But when the one thing all the photos have in common is a whole lotta purple, sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

For what it's worth, the plum you see here was on a stone wall in inner SE Portland, just outside a scary-looking correctional (I think) building of some sort. There was probably a good camera angle I missed, juxtaposing the plum with the concertina wire in the background, but I didn't really feel like hanging around there any longer than I did. I guess I just wasn't in the mood to suffer for Art that day. Well, whatever.

Flowers

Wisteria

Iris

Plum

No comments :