Friday, August 10, 2007

blimp+heart

blimp

Another old scanned photo from the archives. This was taken during an Indy car race at PIR, back in the late 80's or early 90's. I seem to recall I went because it was supposed to be this great father-son male bonding thing. Dad thought it was great, and I was bored absolutely snotless. I've since concluded that fast cars are only fun if you're the one driving. If you're watching someone else do it, nothing could be more boring and tedious, with the possible exception of baseball.

I'm not sure I even have any photos of the cars, but I saw this and though it might make a nice picture. And since that was the era of film cameras and 1200 baud modems, and the interwebs were only for graduate students, and there was no such thing as a "blog", the photo promptly went into a box and I forgot all about it until recently. So here it is. I'm still not sure I've got the hang of repairing the colors in scanned photos to match the original, but this is basically what the original looks like.

If I was a multibillionaire, I think I'd need a gigantic zeppelin to cruise the world with, just because I could. The fact that no actual multibillionaire has done so is even more evidence (as if we needed any more) that the wrong sort of person floats to the top under the present system.

No comments :