Wednesday, May 02, 2007

a logical week of monomedia

It's come to my attention that this blog really isn't about much of anything anymore. I spend so much time working on its nerdy, obsessive sibling that I end up with fairly content-free posts here. The typical Cyclotram post these days consists of a bunch of nature photos, with flippant comments about them, and perhaps a bit of me complaining about my lack of free time to post more. Part of that really is laziness, and part's because I receive a lot more positive feedback for photos than I do for stuff I write, for whatever reason. I certainly don't mind positive feedback, but I started the blog as an outlet for writing about wide-ranging topics of my choosing. I increasingly find myself missing that. So here's what I'm going to do. I hereby declare a Logical Week of Monomedia. In other words, the next seven posts will be substantive, text-only, non-multimedia posts, no photos, no videos, no audio clips, no Flash, no interactive animated holograms, nothin'. And no "found on the interwebs" bullet point lists either, or lists of referrer pages, or stuff like that, because that's cheating too. It just is, don't ask me why. I do reserve the right to post photos if they relate to some sort of important current event and absolutely have to be posted now or never. But I doubt that's going to happen, and if it does, the week starts over. This is a logical week, too, meaning seven posts, whether that takes me three days or fifteen. And this post doesn't count towards the seven, either. And in the unlikely event it only takes three days, I might extend it to the full seven days, and however many posts that ends up being.

Drastic? Sure, sorta, but I'm stuck in a blogging rut and something's gotta give.

No comments :