Sunday, October 14, 2012

empire state building, july 2000

empire state building, july 2000

A few photos of and from the Empire State Building, taken when I was in NYC for a trade show back in July 2000. These photos had the same color issues as the Hawaii photos in the previous post, but even more so; I imagine I had both rolls developed at the same time (I was always bad about getting film developed in a timely way), so the same junior trainee probably dinked around with both rolls. In any case, I played around a little and decided I liked these photos highly desaturated, with just a touch of the cyan shading remaining.

I have one other photo I'm not posting here. Someone else took it for me, and it shows me standing there on the Empire State Building observation deck, a goofy grin on my face, with the Twin Towers over one shoulder. Looking at it really weirds me out. Which is strange since WTC photos I'm not in don't affect me that way, but there you have it. So don't expect to see that photo anytime soon.

empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000 empire state building, july 2000

No comments :