Tuesday, September 14, 2010

haddock & chips

haddock & chips

From the Frying Scotsman cart at SW 9th & Alder, downtown Portland. There's other fish on the menu besides haddock, but that's the traditional fish in Scotland, so that's what I had. This humble blog isn't really a food blog, and I don't really do reviews, but I would happily recommend this, especially with another cold wet dreary winter coming up. Also, don't be afraid of the HP sauce.

If you're really looking for reviews, take a look at the writeups at Food Carts Portland, Yelp, & Willamette Week.

haddock & chips

I haven't yet tried the deep fried Mars bar, but I'm sure I will before too long. I'm not trying to be hip or ironic here. I had a deep fried Twinkie a while back at a place in downtown Las Vegas, and that turned out to be quite delicious. I've also had deep fried dill pickles at a bar somewhere in NW Portland (if I remember right). From what little I remember of the evening, I seem to recall thinking they were ok, but they really ought to have used better pickles. The WW piece also mentions deep fried haggis as a possible future menu item. And I'd happily try that too. But first, more fish.

haddock & chips

No comments :