Monday, September 06, 2010

Aviary Birds, Oregon Zoo

aviary birds, oregon zoo

The aviary next to the African Savanna exhibit is my favorite part of the zoo. I've never been able to explain why, much less convince anyone, but that's ok. You have to stop and sit and watch for a bit; it's not really an instant gratification sort of exhibit the way the elephants are, for example.

aviary birds, oregon zoo

You'd think that since I stopped and sat and paid a little attention, I'd be able to identify the birds pictured here and provide some useful trivia about them. But sadly that's not the case. As I said in the last bird post, feel free to chime in and identify these birds if you know what they are.

aviary birds, oregon zoo

aviary birds, oregon zoo

aviary birds, oregon zoo

aviary birds, oregon zoo

No comments :