Saturday, November 03, 2012

Winter Falls, Silver Falls

A few photos of Winter Falls, in Silver Falls State Park. As the name suggests, it's much more impressive in the winter and comes rather close to drying up during the summer -- which unfortunately is when I went and took these photos. Even during the winter this waterfall isn't the main event at the park; North Falls and South Falls are the main attractions any time of year. I do actually have photos of them too, but I took a lot more of them and still haven't sorted through them all yet.

Winter Falls, Silver Falls

If you've ever wondered why I have so many posts covering second-tier attractions like this, and like nearby Upper North Falls, it's because I usually have fewer photos to sort through, and there's generally less source material to dig through while writing the post. In short, it's just easier. I always eventually get around to posting the good stuff, but usually not on any kind of reasonable schedule.

This month will hopefully be different though; several people I know observe November as National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, in which you try to write an entire novel in 30 days. I'm not feeling remotely that ambitious right now, but I've set a somewhat more modest goal for the month, that of having an empty Drafts folder on 12/1, which is a situation I'm pretty sure I haven't had in at least 5 years (considering there's one oddball draft post that's been sitting there since March 2007). I do have draft posts there for North & South Falls, so you should expect to see those within the next few weeks, and if you don't, you're entitled to make fun of me, or at least to roll your eyes a little at the failure of my modest ambitions.

Winter Falls, Silver Falls Winter Falls, Silver Falls

No comments :