Friday, November 17, 2006

urban parks imagedump

elephant
The elephant sculpture in the North Park Blocks. Ok, sure, there's a front side to it as well, but where's the fun in that? Besides, this angle matches my mood today. What sort of person schedules a meeting from 11am to 1:45pm, without a break for lunch? On what planet is that a common and accepted practice?

I started out with the idea this would be just a random Friday imagedump, and then I realized most of the pics I picked were related to city parks. So I figured I'd go with the theme that presented itself, and save the other pics for later. I tend to try not include more than six photos in a post anyway, and even that number can be a bit taxing for dialup users.

ankeny_day2

ankeny_day1

Got out of the office briefly yesterday and ventured over to Ankeny Park again, since those nighttime photos turned out a bit on the dark-ish side. While I was there, a bicycle cop rode up and shooed a homeless guy out of the one functioning restroom in the park. Still, for the second time in a row, nobody killed me while I was there. I think I have a streak going, which seems like a good sign.


lovejoy_bw

lovejoy_leaves

Two more pics from Lovejoy Fountain Plaza. I realize I post an inordinate number of pics of the place, mostly because I pass through the area a lot. I realize longtime readers of this blog might be sick of all my Lovejoy Fountain photos, and I apologize, humbly and sincerely, but I can't promise there won't be any more.

geese_barrel

Canada Geese next to a mysterious rusty barrel, in Waterfront Park near Riverplace. This was taken a while ago, and since then the barrel has mysteriously vanished.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos, it made me homesick. Portland is such a great place.

(heavy sigh)