Monday, September 12, 2011

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

The third stop on our East Fork, Lewis River waterfalls tour is Yacolt Falls. It's on a tributary of the main river, a short hike from Moulton Falls. Tributary or not, this is far more photogenic than Moulton Falls if you ask me. A post about Yacolt Falls at Wild About the Northwest expresses much the same sentiment.

Yacolt Falls

While I was here, an older gentleman who was visiting the falls saw my camera and decided he really needed to convince me to start taking photos of trains. There were railroad tracks somewhere nearby, apparently, and trains occasionally rolled by carrying stuff, and apparently the process was so fascinating and needed to be documented meticulously, and I ought to drop everything I was doing and go wait an open-ended amount of time for the next train to rattle past.

Needless to say, I passed on his proposal and hit the road for the next waterfall.

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

Yacolt Falls

No comments :