Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Nevada Fall, Yosemite

Yosemite

Some photos of Nevada Fall, also in Yosemite. The National Park Service seems to want to use "Fall", singular, in Yosemite when referring to a single waterfall. I guess that makes sense, although it's a little jarring to someone used to Pacific Northwest usage, in which all waterfalls are "Falls". If any linguists out there would like to explain this situation and how it came about, I'd love to hear about it.

I'm not 100% sure the second photo is Nevada Fall; I neglected to write names on the backs of photos at the time, so I'm having to go back and try to identify places based on their resemblance to Google Image search results. So if I misidentify something, I humbly apologize and also blame the entire rest of the internet for leading me astray.

Yosemite

No comments :