Saturday, October 31, 2009

Triad, Laurelhurst Park

A few photos of "Triad", a modern (circa 1980) steel sculpture plunked down in the middle of Laurelhurst Park. I'm not sure it fits the site all that well, but taken on its own it's ok. It's about the right size, and doesn't overpower the landscape the way some do (*cough* rusting chunks *cough*). The Smithsonian art inventory page for it is here. Not a lot else about it on the 'tubes, although I ran across a photo + brief mention of it in a back issue of the Multnomah Bible College student newspaper.

triad, laurelhurst park

I'm not totally sure of this, but it sounds like the sculptor later went on to be a co-owner of Portland's Papa Haydn restaurant.

triad, laurelhurst park

I took these during the same expedition where I also took photos of a visiting heron, and various mostly infrared photos of the pond area. So that was a productive day. And even better, a sunny one, and I got a few IR and UV photos of the sculpture, for a little variety. I sure do miss the sun... I still almost remember what it looked like, vaguely...

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

triad, laurelhurst park

No comments :