Monday, April 21, 2008

assorted flowers, by popular(?) demand

tulip, nw pdx

after the rain, o'bryant square

A comment to the previous post mentioned something about flowers, and it occurred to me that I hadn't actually posted any flowers here for quite some time. Recently I've just been throwing them up on my Flickr stream and failing to show or mention them here, purely out of sheer laziness. Or possibly it's ennui... I'm not sure, and sorting it out would take effort, and if I was up for effort I wouldn't be in this situation.

tiny flowers

It's not my fault, you know. Taking flower photos means going out in the damn weather, a constant 46 degrees and drizzly for months on end. It's certainly possible to go out looking for flowers, but one often doesn't wish to do so. One often prefers to turn on the fire and curl up on the sofa with beer and comfort food, say, rotisserie chicken and tater tots. Maybe see if there's a good hockey game on. This would all be perfectly normal in February, but it's almost May now, and I am most displeased.

magnolia(?)

To give you some idea of the true extent of my unseasonable lethargy, today I had a meeting scheduled for a room on the other side of my building. That's basically diagonal across a normal 200' Portland city block, but along a somewhat less than direct route. The total distance would be somewhere between 282' ( = 2 * sqrt(2) * 100 ) for the straight diagonal, and 400' along the perimeter of the building. So let's say 340 feet, plus a ~30 foot detour for coffee. There was also a webcast & conference call we set up so a couple of offsite employees & contractors could watch and listen. So I logged in and watched the webcast, because I didn't feel like walking across the damn building. How pathetic is that?

african daisy

Be that as it may, here's a selection of recent flowers I don't think I've posted here yet, probably. I could go back and look just to be sure, but you may have noticed I'm a veritable explosion of apathy just now.

white & gold

uv african daisy

blue, o'bryant square

flowers, duniway park

1 comment :

We Are Dave said...

Thanks! FYI 'blue, o'bryant square' is Grape Hyacinth (Muscari). And the others are, errr... well, they are very nice whatever they are.