Wednesday, December 19, 2007

tanner springs, winter 07

tanner springs

If you're a longtime reader of this humble blog (yeah, either of you), you might've noticed I post a lot of photos of Tanner Springs Park, in the Pearl District. It's not that I'm a big fan of the place -- far from it, in fact -- but it's a.) weird, and b.) conveniently located, so I tend to end up there a lot. If I've just gotten a new camera and want to take it for a spin, Tanner Springs is on the short list, along with Mt. Tabor and Leland One / "Rusting Chunks No. 5".

When I say "new", I usually mean "old". All of these pics except the next one were taken with an old 1960's Sears TLS (a.k.a. Ricoh Singlex) I've had for a couple of months now. The next one was taken with a Pentax Spotmatic SP, which I picked up just last week. I have a cabinet at home that's rapidly filling up with old cameras and lenses and whatnot. Hey, hobbies will do that sometimes.

tanner springs

My new hobby is entirely the fault of this humble blog, believe it or not. I never took an interest in cameras or photography until I started this thing, and began posting pics on the interwebs. Suddenly I had a reason to do it, and started to think maybe I ought to get a little better at it, and learn a little about what I was doing. It turns out there's no such thing as just wanting to learn a little or improve a little, not with me at any rate. I've learned a lot, and I occasionally convince myself I've improved somewhat too. The big downside is that much of what you learn is about what you "need" to buy next. There's just no end to it. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

tanner springs

tanner springs

tanner springs

No comments :