Thursday, February 11, 2010

cherry blossoms, 19th & lovejoy

cherry blossoms, 19th & lovejoy

The first flower photos of the season are always kind of subpar, I suppose due to me being out of practice. And yet I always post them anyway, for sheer novelty value if nothing else. This year, it seems to be cherries first. Which is weird. It's usually krokuses, but I haven't seen any of those yet. And no daffodils either. And not really any other cherries either, just this one oddball tree at the corner of NW 19th & Lovejoy. So I'm no sure what's going on here, or what would cause spring to happen on a single streetcorner weeks ahead of anywhere else. I'll take it, though. I'll take any sign of spring, even flaky and dubious ones, at this point.

cherry blossoms, 19th & lovejoy

cherry blossoms, 19th & lovejoy

cherry blossoms, 19th & lovejoy

cherry blossoms, 19th & lovejoy

cherry blossoms, 19th & lovejoy

No comments :