Friday, April 24, 2009

Oregon Park expedition

Today's thrilling adventure takes us to obscure little Oregon Park, at NE 29th & Hoyt, just south of Sandy & I-84. I was kind of intrigued by the ultra-generic name, although it turns out that comes from NE Oregon St., which runs along the north end of the park, so no real mystery there. The name kind of fits, in that it's your basic generic neighborhood park. Nice and everything, but nothing to go out of your way to go see. I figured that would be the case, so I decided it'd be an interesting challenge to go and try to make it look interesting. To up the challenge, I went with a cheap vintage 25mm wide angle lens with a sticky aperture that I picked up at Goodwill a while back. Also, it was a grey rainy day so I thought I'd go with all black-n-white, although I dropped that rule when I ran across a few flowers. So if you come away from this post thinking there's this weird, magical place hidden away in inner NE Portland, well, you'll probably be disappointed by the actual park. Your kids/dogs will probably love it, though.

I keep a TODO list for this humble blog, including various places and things I mean to check out sooner or later, and Oregon Park wasn't anywhere near the top of the list. But it was a short drive, and it didn't take very long to see everything, so it was doable on a weekday before work. And right now that counts for a lot...

Azalea, Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Cherry Tree, Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

Oregon Park

No comments :