Monday, August 11, 2008

Pics: Portland Twilight Criterium '08

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

A few photos from last Friday's Portland Twilight Criterium. My, uh, "race report" this time around is even less extensive than last year's: We just sort of hung out and watched the races, and I tried to take a few sports-action type photos that didn't utterly suck. I'm not sure I succeeded, but just trying was kind of fun.

I'm afraid I don't know who the various riders here are, so I can't add any helpful captions. I think the guy in the top photo went on to win the main event, but I'm not totally sure. If it wasn't him, it was a teammate, I know that much.

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

There was one decent-sized crash pretty close to where we were standing. I took one photo of the pileup and started feeling guilty. I suppose if you're a pro at this you have to get over the feeling that you should be helping somehow instead of taking photos or whatever.

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

The rest of my photos of this year's criterium are on Flickr here. FWIW.

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

Portland Twilight Criterium 2008

No comments :