Saturday, February 25, 2006

Greetings, Cyclotram visitor #250 (or so)!!!



I've just noticed a curious relationship: I've hit about 250 visitors here, right about the same time iTunes has hit a billion songs downloaded. So assuming that each user downloads a mere 4x10^6 songs, we're about neck and neck so far as web traffic goes. I really think that's something to take a lot of pride in, and it's certainly not a coincidence. And furthermore, Steve Jobs & Co. have been at this a bit longer than I have, so I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that I'll get my second 250 before Steve gets his second billion. And my marketshare continues to expand. Mwhahahaha!

In the interest of fiscal responsibility, I'm not actually giving out any enormous cash prizes for being the 250th visitor. What, you think the dot-com era's still going, or something? In lieu of schwag, here are a couple pictures of gibbons, because gibbons are really cool. The first image links to the Gibbon Conservation Center in Santa Clarita, CA, while the second links to the homepage of a French physicist who apparently likes gibbons.

And while we're on the topic of "lesser" apes, here's a fun column out of Alabama that pokes a bit of fun at Pat Robertson. If he didn't exist, Democrats would have to invent him. And even then, nobody would believe it. Pat Robertson is an unflattering caricature of Pat Robertson, and the inevitable riot, too, all by himself.

No comments :