Wednesday, February 22, 2012

From the archives: Willamette Park


View Larger Map

A few old photos from Willamette Park, on the river south of downtown, just north of the Sellwood Bridge. The park's home to a popular boat ramp and hosts lots of big group picnics, softball games, etc. And that's nice and all, but it doesn't offer a lot in the way of hip quirkiness, quirky hipness, or other blogworthy qualities. That's probably why these 2007 photos haven't made it into a post until now. And now I have to admit this post is mostly to fill a gaping hole in this humble blog's map of geotagged posts. Which is a pretty poor reason, and one of no probable interest to anyone other than myself. I figured I'd go hit the Oregonian Historical Archive and find some fascinating historical anecdotes, but park's generic name works against us here, and sadly I have no anecdotes of interest to share. Such tales may exist somewhere, but I'm afraid my Oregonian-fu has failed me this time around.

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

Willamette Park

No comments :