Tuesday, January 18, 2011

yellow hibiscus

yellow hibiscus

Yellow hibiscus flowers in Honolulu. The wet ones are at the zoo, the others are from... somewhere else I don't recall at the moment. If I was taking flower photos here in Portland I'm not sure these would make the cut for this humble blog, due to various framing, depth-of-field, and exposure issues. But these are pretty much all of the ones I've got right now, so here they are. If you're desperate for better hibiscus photos, and you can't seem to find any on the internet for some reason, you could always foot the bill and send me back to Hawaii for another go at it.

yellow hibiscus

Well, except that I'm not in this for cash or freebies. My philosophy is that it's important to have at least one thing in your life that you're passably good at and you won't do for money. Otherwise you become just a creature of economics, and that's no way to live.

So that's the high-minded philosophical reason. The second reason is that I really don't want to know just how little money I'd make if I tried to run this humble blog as a business. I think that would be more than a little depressing. And I don't want to be in a position where I'd do anything different, posting more about X or avoiding talk of Y, to keep readers and advertisers happy.

yellow hibiscus

yellow hibiscus

yellow hibiscus

No comments :