Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fort Rock Cemetery

Some photos from the cemetery next to Fort Rock, out in eastern Oregon.

I sort of fixated on the "flags and headstones in the remote desert" angle, and it just didn't occur to me to get a closer look at any of the headstones. Believe it or not. Someone else did exactly that, though, and put together a fascinating Flickr photoset about it. A few more photos of the cemetery appear in this Waymarking gallery. All those photos make me wish I'd taken the time to look around more. Although if I had, I probably wouldn't have had the time to drop by Hole-in-the-Ground. In hindsight, that may be what I ought to have done. Oh, well. You live and learn.

Ft. Rock Cem. 4

Ft. Rock Cem. 1

Ft. Rock Cem. 2

Ft. Rock Cem. 3

Ft. Rock Cem. 5

Ft. Rock Cem. 7

Ft. Rock Cem. 8

Ft. Rock Cem. 9

Ft. Rock Cem. 10

Ft. Rock Cem. 11

Ft. Rock Cem. 12

No comments :