Monday, November 05, 2007

No Infrared Rainbow

infrared rainstorm

So here's the result of an experiment that didn't turn out at all. I tried to take an infrared photo of a rainbow during a recent storm, but it just isn't visible.

It is, in fact, possible to get pics of the infrared part of a rainbow. See here and here for a couple of good examples. So I suppose I'll just have to try again next time. That is, if I happen to have the right gear available the next time a rainbow appears. So don't expect immediate results, I guess is what I'm trying to say here.

infrared rainstorm

I assume one could do the same with ultraviolet rainbows as well, but I haven't run across any examples so far, or even any serious discussions about the subject. Well, there's this thread, but none of the posters seem all that clued in. Oh well. Sounds like something to try if can I ever cobble together a UV setup.

1 comment :

... said...

;)

http://www.grad.ucl.ac.uk/comp/2007-2008/research/gallery/index.pht?entryID=183