Tuesday, November 20, 2007

B+W: Mt. Tabor

Mt. Tabor

More photos from Mt. Tabor, this time in glorious black-n-white. I was up there a couple of weeks ago with a whole bag full of cameras. Partly as a compare and contrast thing, and partly to avoid dwelling on the latest death among friends and family, something I've seen a lot of lately. Well, anything other than zero seems like a lot to me, and now there's been more than one in the last few months, so it's a lot. Instead of freaking out over something I couldn't change, I wandered around taking photos for a while, spending a couple of hours thinking of nothing but light and angles and framing and such. It was nice.

Once all the film cameras were out of film, and the digital ones had their batteries drained, I hoofed it off to the nearby Horse Brass Pub for another kind of forgetting. I may not be a psychologist, but I know what works. At least for me. At least in the short term.

Mt. Tabor

Mt. Tabor

Mt. Tabor

Mt. Tabor

Mt. Tabor

Note the squirrel in the photo above. Next, here's a closer look. A bit too close, in fact, which is why the shot's blurry. I like a nice sharp photo and all that, but I also like not being bitten by rodents, even cute-n-cuddly ones.

Mt. Tabor

Mt. Tabor

No comments :