Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Prestige Motors mural

The next mural on the tour is the a small painting of a Vespa against the Portland skyline, located on the Prestige Motors building at SE 6th & Madison. (The company is, or maybe was, a scooter dealer.) The mural's signed "Zak", and dated 2008, but that's all I know about it. All I've found are Flickr photos of it by ohhh_yeah808 and Squid Vicious, which doesn't really help. Oddly enough there's a "Zak's Prestige Motors" located out at SE 82nd & Liebe, but Street View doesn't show any scooters, and as far as I can tell it's a completely separate and unrelated business. It's as if guys named Zak are somehow magically drawn toward prestige and motors. I agree this really isn't a high quality theory, but if you have a better one I'd love to hear it.

No comments :