Friday, March 04, 2011

world (first avenue)

world (first avenue)

A few photos from in front of Portland's little World Trade Center complex. The logo has this shiny map of the world, and the map reflects street scenes and so forth, so here we are.

world (first avenue)

Viewers might reasonably conclude there's some sort of social commentary at work here. I mean, it's a batch of photos of different parts of the world, and the third photo (below) even includes a ginormous police SUV looming over the Himalayas.

world (first avenue)

I didn't have anything in particular in mind, though. I really just thought it was an interesting reflective surface. Unless maybe it was all completely unconscious, in which case your guess is as good as mine. I mean, if the photos did mean something I have no idea what they're trying to say. If it's just clunky & unoriginal platitudes about globalization or cops being pigs or something, I'm going to be very disappointed.

world (first avenue)

world (first avenue)

world (first avenue)

world (first avenue)

world (first avenue)

No comments :