Tuesday, August 10, 2010

big pink



A few -- ok, more than a few -- photos of downtown Portland's US Bancorp Tower, semi-universally known (here in town) as "Big Pink". It's ended up in a lot of photos of mine over the years, but I've never devoted a post to it, probably because I don't devote a lot of time to office buildings here. It's not my favorite building in town, but I had to venture an opinion about it, I suppose it would be a generally favorable one. It makes for interesting photos at times, and I've fetched many a quick office drone lunch from the restaurants on the ground floor. And I once watched Mt. St. Helens erupt while having a tasty local beer at the Portland City Grill on the 30th floor. There may be other cities where you can do something like that, but the list has to be rather short. On the other hand, the building is #37 at Things About Portland That Suck.


View Larger Map

In any case, the collected pics make for a rather interesting photoset, so here they are as a slideshow. Assuming you have Flash, I mean. If you're visiting from an iPad, or a Blackberry, or you disabled Flash for whatever reason, or you're running Chrome and Flash up and crashed on you, the plain old Flickr photoset is here. If you use Lynx and your browser doesn't support images of any kind, I'm not sure what to say except that I admire your eccentricity and stubbornness. Sort of.

No comments :