I haven't done a "cute animal" post for quite a while, because I haven't had any cute animal photos worth sharing in quite a while. It's time to remedy that, big time. Here are a few photos of sea otters at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Awwwwww....
Now, it just wouldn't be right to post cute photos without any serious content attached. I'm not sure why, but I know I'd feel guilty, like I was failing in my duties as a responsible and occasionally civic-minded blogger, or something. So here are a few interesting otter-related items:
- The Monterey-based "Friends of the Sea Otter" has an informative website including legislative and other news.
- ScienceDaily: "Is That Sea Otter Stealing Your Lunch -- Or Making It?"
- Info on efforts to bring sea otters back to Oregon.
- More about otter reintroduction from the Oregon Zoo.
- "Sea Otter Classic" cycling festival, also in Monterey. FWIW. The main reason we went to Monterey in February was to catch part of the 2008 Tour of California, so it's interesting to see the two topics come together, in a way.
- And I couldn't let this go without noting there are tons of otter photos on Flickr and Google Images.
In any case, here are the rest of the photos: