Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ultra-Snowpocalypse™ 2008 II : The Sequel

snow, hawthorne bridge

ice, willamette river

It's come to my attention that the last batch of photos really wasn't all that snowpocalyptic, all things considered. It's probably fair to say this batch isn't very snowpocalyptic either, really. But hey.

The above photos were taken right around "sunset" the other day, and the river really was that color, briefly.

ice, willamette river

Here's something you don't often see: Seagulls floating down the Willamette, on a chunk of drifting ice.


snowman, portland

A crappy snowman I made the other day while waiting for the bus. Once it was "done", a family showed up to wait for the bus, and the kids thought it was adorable. A "baby snowman", they called it, and they built it a friend. Their snowman was much, much better than mine.


shelter, raleigh hills

shelter, raleigh hills

shelter, raleigh hills

Ice on the bus shelter, from the same wait for the bus. It was a long wait. I actually took these in a hurry just as the bus finally arrived, but I like to think they turned out reasonably artsy anyway. In fact, I feel I deserve a huge government grant to keep churning out reasonably artsy stuff like this. Or a huge grant from a big-name nonprofit, funded by some well-meaning philanthropic patron of the arts. That would be fine too.


snow, portland

City Hall, with someone's "Merry Xmas" message in the snow. It's gotten so whenever I see the word "Xmas", I always think of Futurama and Evil Robot Santa. But that's just me.

snow, portland

The stupid pioneer statue in the Plaza Blocks. I have a draft post about it sitting around half-finished; I'll probably get it done once the snow melts or something.

snow, hawthorne bridge

ice, willamette river

ice, willamette river

ice, willamette river

ice, willamette river

snow, hawthorne bridge

No comments :