Thursday, January 10, 2008

b+w: bendy & beer

evil bendy

Top photo: My rubbery made-in-China alter ego, somewhat less colorful than usual. This and the next photo were taken with yet another old camera, this time a Mamiya/Sekor 500 DTL, which I picked up at Goodwill for $10. Unfortunately it seems to have some kind of shutter or mirror issue, and about 2/3 of the photos came out with a strange flare effect. I got the same effect with several different lenses, so I know it's not that, at least. It's kind of a shame really; this is the only old camera I've got where the light meter actually works.

Anyway... Bottom photo: A bottle of Red Thistle Ale from Golden Valley Brewing in McMinnville. I made a run all the way down there just to pick up a case of this, only to discover a few days later that Belmont Station has it too, right here in Portland. This was actually the same trip where I bought the camera. Also, note that the bottle is not full, and I seem to recall the bottle pictured wasn't the first of the evening. That fact may help explain why I took these two photos.

red thistle in black & white

No comments :