Thursday, October 18, 2007

foliage on film, fwiw

fern

A few more pics taken with that vintage film SLR I've been playing around with. I did a bit of GIMP tweaking on the ones with the fern, since the camera obviously doesn't have that fancy digital auto white balance business. I gather you were supposed to use different types of film depending on where you thought you might be shooting photos in the near future. Like I'd really know that in advance, or something.

I'm also still playing the exposure settings guessing game. I did find an old analog light meter dating back to the 50's or 60's, but I haven't figured out how it works quite yet. Once I do, then I'll have to figure out whether the selenium photocell still gives accurate readings these days. Oh, well. I chose this silly little hobby, didn't I?

lemon on the tree

Below are a couple more macro shots for your entertainment. I had the sense to use a tripod this time, along with a cable release I just found at a junk store, but I didn't have enough light, having forgotten to use the flashlight this time. So I did what I could to correct it in GIMP, and these are the result. I can't really regard these as high art or anything, just as documentation of my ongoing learning process.

fern

fern

No comments :